Much has happened again, to the white Cooper. First, the sensor for the electric cooling fan had to be replaced. And, it turned out the LCB wasn't quite doing its job any more...
I have accepted a new job. I am currently in my last week at webMethods and after a week of vacation I will be starting at Aebizz at the first of May (well, second, as the first is a Sunday). I will continue working with webMethods products, but no longer at the technical support side solving other people's problems, but on the implementing side, creating my own (problems, that is).
After having been unavailable for more than a month, the picture section is available again. I have finally sorted out the trouble with my home server. As an added bonus, my home server is now more silent than ever.
As I have reported before, there were continueing problems on the white Cooper with the throttle that would get stuck. After having tried really simple stuff like giving the throttle spindle some extra lubrication, the next step was having a look at the throttle cable. I bought a new throttle cable some time ago at a Mini centre and we planned to put it in today. Since today was also the day for the MSCN beginners technical course at Broek Brittcar in Waalwijk, we went there to have a look how everything was going, and did the job there.
Elke keer als ik de Mini was (en dat is ongeveer eens in de twee weken, de laatste tijd), wordt ik er depressief van. De paar laatste keren heb elke keer dat ik zo dicht op de auto zit een nieuw roestplekje (maar een klein bruin stipje in het wit) ontdekt. Daarom heb ik besloten om te proberen niet nog een winter door te rijden met de auto, volgend jaar en hem ergens droog en warm te stallen (en een aantal kleine dingetjes te corrigeren die eerder mis zijn gegaan, voordat het echt te laat is).
I haven't been using my IEEE email address (email@example.com) for some time now, since I have been planning to stop my membership of the IEEE. I have now received notice that they really finally will be stopping all services. If you don't have my new mail-address, use the feedback form on this site. Or, if you're clever, you can probably guess what my current address is.
I'm not putting the new address up on the site to stop it from being harvested by spammers (and believe me, that is one of the reasons for me to discontinue the IEEE alias; after having thrown it around on the web...
Every time I wash the Mini (and that's about once every two weeks, lately), it gets me depressed. The last few times I have found a new little peck of rust (just a really small brown dot in the white) every time when being so close to the car. In fact, I have now decided to try and not run the car for another winter next year and keep it stored dry and warm somewhere (and sorting out the few little bits that have gone wrong before it really is too late).
I am having some trouble with the site. My server at home, which basically hosts the entire picture section, is refusing to load the web server software after I had to reboot the machine last weekend (faulty fan was driving me nuts and I was worried it was the disk). Therefor, the pictures are temporarily unavailable. Hopefully I can fix this soon.
Nou, ik had beloofd om een update te geven over de vorderingen in Amersfoort met betrekking tot de klepspeling en dergelijke. Het blijkt dat er niet veel te mlden is. De kleppen moesten een beetje bijgesteld worden, maar niets om over naar huis te schrijven.
Well, I made a promise to keep you up to date about the findings in Amersfoort with regard to the valve clearance and what not. Turns out, there is not much to update on. The valves needed a little adjusting, but nothing too concerning.