Customized Suzuki Intruder in French village
Photo: Copyright © 2014 Eelke Blok

Web

Debugging Drush with Eclipse and XDebug

Update 15/4/2017: This is a fairly old post, by now. I've done a more recent post on debugging drush on a setup with PhpStorm and Vagrant.

Drush is a command line tool to interact with the Drupal Open Source CMS (Get it? DRUpal SHell). It is an invaluable tool that many Drupal developers love once they start using it. Another tool I personally love greatly is the XDebug PHP debugger. I use it almost daily to quickly find out what is going on in a PHP website I am working on. It can be a pain to set up, but once you have it, firing up a debugging session is as easy as hitting a...

Changing a user's password in OpenX 2.8

The user management of OpenX is a little confusing if you are used to other systems. There is a blog-post about the user system on the OpenX-blog giving a good overview.

One aspect that they seem to have forgotten is dat users may want to change their password. A "I forgot my password" link is provided, but other than that there is no way to change your password.

Finding number of Drupal-nodes created per hour in a single query

For a customer I've been running an import of old content into a Drupal installation and I got the feeling that the process seemed to run slower and slower. We say "meten is weten" in Dutch ("measuring is knowing"), so I wondered if it was possible to write a single SQL query to find out how many nodes were created per hour since the start of the import. This is the query I came up with:

Paul Irish: 10 Things I Learned from the jQuery Source

Apparently, I am late to the game, but this is a really interesting video. Edit: Not to mention that this Paul Irish guy is the good kind of crazy. Mothereffing awesome!

.embed-container { position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.25%; height: 0; overflow: hidden; max-width: 100%; } .embed-container iframe, .embed-container object, .embed-container embed { position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; }

Translations broken on WooThemes Bueno

The past few days, I have been working on switching my girlfriend's new site - Mientje's Baksels - from wordpress.com to a self-hosted blog, using Wordpress 3's new multisite feature (this blog should move there soon too, I just have to sort out the domain transfer). The wordpress.com blog used WooTheme's Bueno theme, which we thought matched very well with the subject of her blog: cakes. Unfortunately, the theme didn't seem to pick up the Dutch language selection. Here's what was wrong with it, and what I did to fix it.